Distribution of Form 1095C to Employees
- 1095C Form must be provided to employees no later than January 31st, 2018
- Forms can either be provided to the employee directly or mailed. Forms being mailed must be postmarked by January 31st. Employers must obtain affirmative consent to furnish a statement electronically.
- Penalty: Failure to provide employees with a timely and accurate 1095c can result in penalties of up to $260.00 per form.
Filing of Forms 1094c and 1095c with the IRS
- The IRS established two separate deadlines for the 1094C and 1095C Forms to be filed.
- Returns filed on paper must be postmarked by February 28th, 2018. Only companies filing fewer than 250 forms are eligible to file the returns on paper.
- Penalty: Companies filing more than 250 forms can be penalized up to $260.00 for each additional paper form.
- Returns that are filed electronically must be e-filed by April 2nd, 2018.